Our password recovery attacks can be customized and combined for different parts of passwords.
1. To optimize your recovery process, launch the Passware Kit application.
2. Click “Recover File Password” (or press Ctrl+O). This displays the Open dialog box.
3. Choose the file for which you want to find the password, and click Open. This displays the screen shown below:
4. Click “Advanced: Customize Settings” option (or press Ctrl+E).
The Attack Editor appears, a sample of which is shown below:
For example: for passwords like "green123", set the following Join Attacks group:
(Password Length: from 8 to 8)
Dictionary Attack: English (or Frequent Passwords)
(Password Length: from 5 to 5)
Brute-force Attack: English
(Password Length: from 3 to 3
Symbol Set: Numbers)
The Attack Editor window is divided into three parts. On the left, you see available actions and details. In the middle there are the attacks which will be run, and on the right is an "attack tree" which lists available attacks and attack modifiers.
5. Once you have the attacks the way you want them, start the attacks by clicking the clicking on the “Recover” selection in the Actions area of the left pane or on the “Recover” button at the top of the window.
Passware Kit supports eight different password recovery attacks. To learn more information about password recovery attacks, please refer to our website page: