Passware Kit features instant decryption of MS Word and Excel files up to version 2003. The decryption is performed online using the Decryptum Attack.
With this attack, the software connects to www.Decryptum.com, Passware's online decryption service for MS Word and Excel documents, to generate a free preview or decrypt files.
The document never leaves your computer. The software extracts a small part of the document that is required to generate a preview or find the decryption key. The document is decrypted locally.
You are required to purchase Decryptum Credits to decrypt files and remove password protection. The partial preview of the file is free.
Passware Kit Standard, Professional, Enterprise, and Forensic editions already include a free Decryptum PIN for one or more files, which is already built in the installed software. If you are using a different edition of Passware Kit, a free Demo version, or just need to add more Decryptum Credits to your license, please purchase a Decryptum PIN for the required number of files to decrypt and then follow these steps to add the purchased PIN to Passware Kit.
- Launch Passware Kit:
- Open your MS Word or Excel file (*.doc or *.xls) in Passware Kit:
- If Passware Kit asks “Continue a previous password recovery process?”, click No to start a new password recovery process.
- Choose the Advanced: Customize Settings option:
- Clear all current password recovery settings by clicking the Remove All Attacks link. Then at the right pane double-click the Decryptum Attack:
- Click on the Decryptum attack in the main field. The attack settings will be displayed on the bottom right corner of the Passware Kit window. Enter your new PIN or change the existing PIN there by clicking the Change PIN button:
After you enter the new PIN and click OK, the Credits left field should indicate the new number of the Decryptum Credits available.
- Click the Recover>> button to start the instant decryption process.