- Q: What Android versions are supported?
- Q: Are all Huawei phones supported, including the ones with Harmony 2.0?
- Q: What if I am brute-forcing the device password and the machine loses power or restarts? Will I lose progress and get an extraction charged from my license balance?
- Q: Data from what mobile applications can be extracted?
- Q: Why do I get the “The password verification method for this device is not supported” message?
- Q: How to work with special test point cables for Huawei devices?
Q: What Android versions are supported?
Huawei phones with Kirin processors are supported with Android versions 8-10 and EMUI 11. Since EMUI 12 (security patches since March 2021) Huawei has changed the encryption for some models, and they might not be supported.
Passware Tip: Check out the full list of supported devices on our website.
Q: Are all Huawei phones supported, including the ones with Harmony 2.0?
Passware Kit Mobile supports all Kirin-based Huawei devices listed on our website.
NOTE: Huawei devices with Huawei security patch level above 03.2021 are not supported. For such devices, Passware Kit Mobile detects an unsupported password verification scheme, and shows the corresponding message.
Harmony 2.0 is not fully supported yet. Please stay tuned by subscribing to our news at:
Q: What if I am brute-forcing the device password and the machine loses power or restarts? Will I lose progress and get an extraction charged from my license balance?
The recovery state is saved automatically even if the computer gets powered off or reboots. On the Start Page, select the latest project on the “Recent projects” tab from the right pane. Passware Kit Mobiles will resume the process from the last saved state.
The number of extractions available will not be affected.
Q: Data from what mobile applications can be extracted?
Besides passcode recovery, Passware Kit Mobile detects installed applications and performs instant decryption if possible or starts the recovery process. Below is the list of applications supported for data extraction.
|1Password||Instant decryption / Brute-force|
Q: Why do I get the “The password verification method for this device is not supported” message?
With the security patches released by Huawei in 2021, the new password recovery scheme that is flagged as “Hybrid” was introduced. The new scheme is supported by Passware Kit Mobile 2021.3 and higher.
The passcode recovery of such devices requires a connection to Passware Kit Mobile during the entire process (similar to iOS devices). Some calculations are performed on the device, and some of them can be accelerated with a GPU. The password recovery speed can reach a hundred passwords per second.
Additionally, in the second part of 2021, Huawei released a security patch that introduced an even more sophisticated encryption algorithm, which is not yet supported. Passware Kit Mobile detects the encryption algorithm and shows a corresponding message. Stay tuned by subscribing to our newsletter:
Q: How to work with special test point cables for Huawei devices?
In some cases, there is a need for special test point cables (e.g., Harmony TP cable). The steps for using such cables are as follows:
1. Hold test points or connect the Test point cable (unplug battery if needed):
- wait for ‘USB SER” to appear in the Device Manager;
- launch Passware Kit Mobile and choose the device to process and the project output folder;
- make sure Passware Kit Mobile detects the device and wait until the "Preparing device" status disappears;
- during the "Preparing device" process, attach the battery back if it was disconnected.
2. Once the "Preparing device" status finishes and changes to "Waiting for the device", change the special Test point cable to a standard USB cable.
3. The extraction process starts. If not, repeat steps 1-3.