- PC platforms (64-bit only): Windows 8.x/10/11 or Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 installed and configured on your system
- macOS: Monterey (12), Big Sur (11), Catalina (10.15), or Mojave (10.14)
NOTE: There is no native support for ARM architecture, however Passware Kit will run in emulation mode with slower performance on ARM-based computers.
The macOS version is available for all Passware Kit editions, but has some limitations as compared to the Windows version.
Only the first NUMA Group 0 is supported by Passware Kit.
- 1 GHz processor (2.4 GHz recommended)
- 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
- 1 GB of free hard disk space for installation (more if you use custom dictionaries).
Passware Tip: For hardware acceleration on some strong file types, it is recommended to have 2 x (RAM + GPUs RAM) of free disk space for paging file.
Recommendations on GPU cards are available in our GPU recommendations article.
For Windows Key editions (PC only), a Windows Setup CD (32-bit or 64-bit) is required, as well as a burning CD-RW/DVD RW drive in order to record a password reset CD instead of a USB disk. If you do not own a Windows Setup CD, please request an ISO file from us.
Please note that the password recovery process for many file types is time-consuming. We guarantee that Passware Kit supports your file, works with it flawlessly, and provides a certain password recovery speed. Try the Demo version first to check the software capabilities.
Demo Version Limitations
- Recovers either the first 3 letters of passwords or passwords containing no more than 3 characters
- Allows each of the attacks to run for up to 1 minute
- For Windows users, resets a 'Demo12345' password only
- For FDE decryption, has limitations on the volume size:
- 64 MB for VeraCrypt, TrueCrypt, and PGP WDE,
- 384 MB for FileVault,
- 512MB for APFS.