- PC platforms (64-bit only): Windows 11/10/8.x, or Microsoft Windows Server 2022/2019/2016/2012 installed and configured on your system
- macOS: Ventura (13), Monterey (12), Big Sur (11), Catalina (10.15), or Mojave (10.14)
NOTE: There is no native support for ARM architecture, however Passware Kit will run in emulation mode with slower performance on ARM-based computers.
The macOS version is available for all Passware Kit editions, but has some limitations as compared to the Windows version.
Only the first NUMA Group 0 is supported by Passware Kit.
- 1 GHz processor (2.4 GHz recommended)
- 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
- 1 GB of free hard disk space for installation (more if you use custom dictionaries).
Passware Tip: For hardware acceleration on some strong file types, it is recommended to have 2 x (RAM + GPUs RAM) of free disk space for paging file.
Recommendations on GPU cards and Passware Kit Agents configuration are available in our GPU recommendations article.
For Windows Key editions (PC only), a Windows Setup CD (32-bit or 64-bit) is required, as well as a burning CD-RW/DVD RW drive in order to record a password reset CD instead of a USB disk. If you do not own a Windows Setup CD, please request an ISO file from us.
Please note that the password recovery process for many file types is time-consuming. We guarantee that Passware Kit supports your file, works with it flawlessly, and provides a certain password recovery speed. Try the Demo version first to check the software capabilities.
Demo Version Limitations
- Recovers either the first 3 letters of passwords or passwords containing no more than 3 characters
- Allows each of the attacks to run for up to 1 minute
- For Windows users, resets a 'Demo12345' password only
- For Full Disk Encryption decryption, has limitations on the volume size:
- 64 MB for VeraCrypt, TrueCrypt, and PGP WDE,
- 384 MB for FileVault,
- 512MB for APFS.
do you "HAVE" to use a 1394 cable for the process? we do not have them on the PC that needs to have the recovery key looked at.
Yes, the cable is required, but you can try to find an adapter for your PC.
Please sign in to leave a comment.