There are 3 editions of Windows Key, each one supports more functions. You can check the comparison and choose which edition suits you better.
To reset the Administrator password for Windows you need another PC that you have Administrative access to (not the PC you need to reset the Windows password for). Please download and install Passware Kit on this machine. Make sure you have a CD-RW or USB to create a reset disk.
1. Launch Passware Kit as Administrator (right-click on the icon and choose "Run as Administrator")
2. On the Start Page, click Windows Password. The following screen appears:
2. Insert your Windows Setup CD-RW. If you do not have a Windows Setup CD, you can request a Windows Key .ISO download.
2.1. Browse for either a TXTSETUP.SIF or a BOOT.WIM file. The TXTSETUP.SIF file is usually located in the 'I386' folder of the Windows XP/2003 Setup CD. The BOOT.WIM file is usually located in the 'Sources' folder of the Windows 10/8/7/Vista/2008 Setup CD.
The 'Boot file from Windows setup CD or USB field should contain the location of the TXTSETUP.SIF or BOOT.WIM file; If you do not see the file, choose "All files" in the right.
2.2. Check 'Add drivers for SCSI/RAID hard drives', if you need to reset a Windows password for a SCSI/RAID/IDE hard drive. You can browse for the folder with the drivers.
3. Choose one of the options to create reset disk: CD/DVD, USB drive or just save reset .ISO to your PC for later recording.
4. Click 'Burn Disk' and the burning process starts. Passware Kit copies the necessary files from the Windows Setup CD into the ISO image file.
5. The password reset disk is now ready.
Now that you have created the Windows Password Reset CD or USB disk, you are ready to reset the password on the locked computer.
6. Reset the password with the CD or USB disk.
6.1. Reboot your system with this CD or USB disk. NOTE: You need to change boot order on your PC to boot from the reset CD/USB.
6.2. After all the required files are loaded from the CD or USB drive, Windows Key process starts:
6.3. Enter the protection password that you have set while creating the Windows Password Reset CD\USB disk. Click Next. If you have not set any password, go to the next step.
6.4. Select the Windows installation to be unlocked. If there are several installations, use additional information from the table to choose the one you need to unlock. Click Next.
6.5. Select the Administrator Windows account (or Active Directory Administrator account/Domain account in higher editions) for which you want to reset the password. Click Next.
Windows Key supports the reset for Windows Live ID accounts, they are marked under 'MS Live' column:
6.6. Review the list of tasks to complete. Click Next.
6.7. To reset passwords for other Windows installations or accounts (not available in Passware Kit Basic/Standard), click Back To Start and repeat the process from Step 3.
6.8. Click Reboot if you are finished and want to exit. Note, that log file will be saved on the USB you have used to reset the process. Also Windows Key performs a backup of the original registry and it is saved on the original files location. The location of the backup is mentioned in the log file.
7. Remove the Windows Key bootable CD or USB disk to restart your PC.
Now you are able to log into your computer without a password!